Kamis, 05 Mei 2011

Screenshots from Windows Media Player

Stupid things that happened this morning is when I try to capture video from Windows Media Player. I opened the video file that I want to capture then I tried to press "Print Screen" key and copied it into PAINT and then saved it in a JPG file. I'm confused because, It was blank screen. Then I thought maybe the running video was posing a problem with capturing a frame. So I paused the movie and tried the print screen technique. But still got a blank screen. Then I tried to capture paused and running movies in full screen (Full screen shortcut – using Alt+Enter). But again no luck. So I decided to tweak some advanced options of Windows Media Player. After lot of different combinations of tweaks, still had no luck. I tried to download other software’s like Windows Media Player Clasic (codec) for this worked, but it was need much time to download. I hopeles so, I searched via google and found the answer. ("_")

Free simple way to capture Images from Windows Media Player :
  • Open Window Media Player
  • Then go to Tools  | Options
  • In Options, select the Performance Tab
  • Way below you click on the Advanced Button
  • Uncheck “Use Overlays’
  • Click Ok
  • And you are ready.

Now run your movie in any size or screen resolution. Use the standard ‘Print Screen Key’ Method as described and you have captured a snapshot from your favourite movie on windows media player without using any special multimedia software. yupz..thats all..
This is an alternate method if this does not work.
  • Instead of the Print Screen Method – try pressing “CTRL+I”. This pops up a save as window after capturing the screenshot
  • After you open Window Media Player. Go to Tools | Options | Performance Tab.
  • You will see a picture similar to the first image above. Reduce the “Video acceleration” from the default Full to None, click ok and then close down media player. Next open the file you want to take a still using the Print Screen method – from press ALT and the PrintScrn key to copy an image of media player to the clipboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment